In the interest of bettering the community, 28 members of the community joined together to establish a Lions Club here in LaGrange. The LaGrange Lions Club was chartered on April 28, 1947. The Charter was signed by these 28 founding fathers: C.O. Anderson, E. Curly Baum, Charles Beckett, Paden H. Coontz, John Curtis, Pres. Charles Folsom, Mel B. Halliwell, Fred Hill, Clarence Jenkins, Kenneth Jackson, Donald Miller, Leigh Monosmith, Sam Naylor, District Governor Charles Noble, Charles Opfer, Jr., Edgar Pearce, Dale Probst, Joe Redinger, Glenn Smith, William Smith, Rolf Till, Dr. Arthur Wilcox, Julius Wilcox, William Wills, Frank Wolcott, Willard Wolcott, George Woodruff, and Harry Vandenburg.
Since then, the LaGrange Lions Club has been carrying on the proud tradition of serving the people of LaGrange for the betterment of the community.